- Earn 21 PD hours.
- IIBA® Endorsed Course.
- CBAP® Tutor Support for each student.
- Online and On-demand to suit your schedule.
- Requirements Elicitation & Analysis course.
- Excellent for CCBA® and CBAP®preparation.
PD Hours / CDUs: 21
Name of Course: Business Process Fundamentals using BPMN v2.0
Method of Delivery: Online
Audience Level:This course is suited for people who are working in, or moving into, the sphere of business process analysis and who require skills in applying the BPMN v2.0 modelling technique.
BAE Career Stage: This is a STAGE 3 Course. Learn more.
ASK US A QUESTION
+61 3 8677 0891
What is the course about?
At the end of this course the student will have solid foundation knowledge of all the most important Business Process Management, Analysis and Implementation concepts in the context of Business Process Analysis.
The student will be able to practically apply the business process management approach with specific BPMN v2.0 capabilities. The student will cover the concepts of BPMN v2.0 levels and what role Business Analysis plays in the business process implementation programs of work.
Who should do this course?
This course is for people who are working in, or moving into, the sphere of business process analysis and who require a skills in applying the BPMN v2.0 modelling technique. The course applies the fundamental business process management and analysis activities within the business organisation.
PRE-REQUISITES: No specific experience required.
IIBA® ENDORSEMENT: You earn 21 PD Hours /CDUs upon successful completion of this course.
How long does this course take to complete?
The course consists of 10 online lessons which will take the student between 1 hour – 2 hours each to complete. Therefore if the student sets aside approximately 22 hours over a period of a few weeks to complete this course, it will be ample time.
The course consists of 10 Lessons including 2 Lessons which are pure Practical Application Assignments and 8 Online Knowledge Tests. The course has a Final Course Assessment of 40 multiple choice exam based questions.
All student materials and reference materials are included as part of this course. You don’t need to purchase anything further to complete this course.
You have 12 months to complete this course.
Detailed Course Outline
Theme: Business Process Concepts
- Background of Business Process Management
- What is a Business Process?
- Key benefits of Business Process Modeling
- Business Process Modelling Concepts
- Process Patterns
- Business Rules
- Decision Patterns
- Event Patterns
- Process improvement key stages
- Business analysis roles and responsibilities
- Managing organizational change
Theme: Business Process Modeling using BPMN 2.0
Practical guides on effective process modelling
A step-by-step introduction of the BPMN 2.0 notation
- BPMN v2.0 Key Concepts
- Participants, Flow, Process Events, Data
- BPMN v2.0 Notation
- Gateways, Flow, Tasks, Events
- Pools, Message Events, Task Types
- Timer, Signal, Condition, Link Events
- Looping & Primary Diagram Artefacts
Theme: Business Process Management Perspectives
- Change Scope
- Business Analysis Scope
- Change Targets
- Business Analysis Position & Outcomes
- Overview of Frameworks, Methodologies and Techniques