The Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK ®)
So why would you even CARE about the BABOK ®?
Well, you care about the BABOK ® because…
- It is forming the backbone of knowledge for the Business Analysis profession. It is continuously being improved upon by very passionate industry experts, the International Institute of Business Analysis.
- It also provides a great benchmark for all business analysts around the world to use when validating that they are applying their different BA skills appropriately and most effectively.
- It is a fantastic source of information when checking on what you need to do from a Business Analysis point of view in a particular scenario.
- The BABOK forms the basis for any formal certification aspirations (ECBA, CCBA ® or CBAP ®) you might have, this pretty much makes “I must love the BABOK” mandatory if you want to get certified. There are many reasons why a formal Business Analysis Certification is a good idea!
So as long as you are a Business Analyst who is building a great BA career, you should embrace this document and master it with a certification.
What is the BABOK ®?
LEARN MORE ABOUT BABOK Version 3.0
It is everything you need to know about the Business Analysis profession. It contains information that describe what each aspect is of Business Analysis (the ‘what’ and ‘why’) but it is but not the place to go to learn ‘how’ something is done.
Reality of the BABOK ®
Yes, this is a very large document with an incredible amount of information to try and digest! This page will give you one way to view it as a quick summary of what it contains and help you break it up into more manageable chunks!
Knowledge Areas of the BABOK ®
This document is broken into what is termed as ‘Knowledge Areas’. These knowledge areas are categorising the different types of business analysis knowledge but it is not a sequential flow or phase.
The different knowledge areas are:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Requirements Management and Communication
- Solution Assessment and Validation
There is also the Business Analysis Techniques which are covered.
Navigating the maze
Each knowledge area is defined in the same way which makes it easier to navigate. It contains:
- An Overall ‘Purpose’ and ‘Description’
- All relevant Tasks associated with this Knowledge Area.
- Each task has a Purpose, Input and Output section.
Babok Certification Australia
If you’re planning on working as a Business Analyst or if you’re already working as one, familiarity with BABOK (the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) is an essential requirement. Without this, it can be difficult to secure employment as a Business Analyst and practically impossible to advance in your career.
You will need to thoroughly understand the knowledge areas of the BABOK in order to qualify as a CCBA and then as a CBAP. Those are important qualifications you will want to earn as your career progresses.
To obtain this certification, you’ll need to complete a course of training. The best value BABOK certification training in Australia is available from Business Analysis Excellence.
Here are a few reasons why you’ll get better value with us:
This Is An Accredited IIBA BABOK Certification Course
The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is a professional association that promotes and protects professional standards in the field of business analysis. They are responsible for the development and maintenance of the BABOK and they oversee and confer the various certifications available to professionals working as Business Analysts.
We ourselves are IIBA Endorsed Education Providers, meaning that our training has been evaluated by the IIBA as meeting the standards they require for achieving that status. It’s the “badge of authority” that indicates you can rely on us for quality training and support.
Because the IIBA is an international organization, your certification will be recognized worldwide, and is a rare and valuable credential. At the time of writing, fewer than 10,000 people worldwide hold the CBAP qualification, and over 35% of them reside in the United States.
Our BABOK Course Is Taught By Experienced Business Analysts
Something that definitely helps us to stand out from the average training provider is that all our courses are taught by expert Business Analysts who have extensive field experience. This is exceptionally rare. Most vocational courses and professional courses are taught by academics, which places students at a disadvantage because the information they receive is based on research and not on personal experience.
By choosing to study with Business Analysis Excellence, you will have access to some of the best minds in the field of business analysis, and you’ll know every time you ask a question the answer you receive is based on genuine business experience. It adds an extra dimension of depth to the quality of your learning.
The Cost Is Definitely Affordable
Nobody in Australia is offering better value on BABOK certification training courses. We know this because we deeply understand the connection between value and competitive advantage. How we deliver better value is by providing more quality at a lower price than our competitors.
When you study with us you have all these advantages:
- Experienced instructors with genuine business experience
- Access to your own personal business analysis coach for 12 months
- Access to our entire library of study resources for 12 months
- Innovative online content delivery and a learning system designed to provide you with optimal learning opportunity.
Studying with us is personal, in-depth, rewarding, and it works! In fact we are proud to say that from our inception until today, nobody who has studied with us has ever failed their IIBA exams.
If you’d like to know more about our courses, get in touch and we’ll be pleased to send you more information and to answer any questions you may have.
Business Analysis Excellence provides various online training courses for business analysts including Short BA Courses, Agile BA Courses, CBAP Courses & IT Business Analyst Courses. Also, there are few IIBA ertifications available around the world including CCBA Certification, CBAP Certification, ECBA Certification, IIBA Certification & Business Analyst Certification to progress their career as a Business Analyst. To find out more, get in touch and ask us anything. We are happy to answer your questions & to provide more information you need about our courses.