- Your own dedicated CBAP ® tutor for support.
- Earn 62 PD hours.
- Fully IIBA® Endorsed Training.
- We review your IIBA® Application.
- Online Training Courses to help you prepare.
- Preparation Mock Exam Questions
- Study Guide & BABOK® included.
- Unlimited email support throughout!
- Study when and from where ever you want to in the world.
So what does it really mean for my career?
The CBAP ® certification is really intended for career business analysts. In the context of a business analysis career, this certification is as high as you can go in terms of Professional Certification based qualifications.
- It is a great certification to aspire to if you don’t have any formal Business Analysis qualifications but you do have a lot of practical business analysis experience.
- It is also a great certification to have if you want to get involved in building Business Analysis Practices where you help develop the competency framework for the BA Practice you work in.
- The CBAP ® designation has given me a lot of great opportunities in helping other business analysts from a mentoring perspective, something I personally find highly rewarding.
- The BA profession is growing and without a shadow of a doubt, so is the maturity around corporate people’s understanding of what a Business Analyst can deliver to the organisation. In a job search scenario, the Business Analyst with the formal industry based certification, especially this certification, is the one with a strong competitive advantage.
- This qualification is great from a simply practical business analysis perspective, but if you wanted to become a Business Analyst trainer, this will pave the way to that career change quite easily.
So what does it take to get this certification?
To get the the CBAP ® certification, you will need to pass an exam (3.5 hours, 120 multiple choice questions) after you have been accepted to sit the exam. You need to complete an online application process in which you are required to do document proof of the requirements listed below:
- Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK Guide) in the last 10 years
- Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 35 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
Three quick ideas on how to prepare for the CBAP ® exam
It is very important that you learn the whole BABOK well. You need to know the theory contained in that massive document and it can be daunting. Try these things to get that done more seamlessly:
- Do an IIBA Endorsed Training Program to gain the required 35 PD Hours.
- Do an online study program to step you through the BABOK systematically.
- Start with reviewing what exam questions are like, and use this as a reference frame when studying the BABOK content itself.
- Consider a career coach to guide your progress to achieving your certification goals.
Top Exam Tip!
A key thing to remember with the CBAP exam question types is that they are predominantly based on applying the theory in a practical scenario. When you study for this exam make sure you are able to apply each concept in a practical situation.
CBAP Certification Australia
The IIBA is an acronym that stands for International Institute of Business Analysis. CBAP is another acronym that stands for Certified Business Analysis Professional. Put these two together and you get a credential that is recognized worldwide as putting you at the top of the field in Business Analysis. If you’re anywhere near even close to qualifying for it, you’ll already know all that, anyway.
For those who are just starting out in the world of Business Analysis, consider taking some of our entry level courses which will get you on the pathway toward earning your CCBA and CBAP certifications.
What Are The Requirements For Earning a CBAP Certification?
To earn your CBAP certification, you’ll need to pass the CBAP certification exam. These exams are conducted by the IIBA and applicants to attend the exams must meet strict criteria to be able to attend the exam.
What Are The Requirements For The CBAP Certification Exam?
To be eligible to sit for the CBAP exam, you’ll need to at least meet the minimum criteria for eligibility. This means you will need:
- A minimum of five years of experience working as a Business Analyst, including at least 7500 hours within the past 10 years.
- At least 900 hours of your experience must be able to be applicable in each of at least four of the six BABOK knowledge areas (for a total of 3600 hours).
- Two references attesting to your competency.
- Evidence of having completed a minimum of 35 PD hours within the past 4 years.
What Is The Advantage of Holding a IIBA CBAP Certification?
The CBAP is an internationally recognized qualification that can allow you to pursue a career in Business Analysis practically anywhere in the world, subject, of course, to the immigration rules of each country where you may intend to work.
For example, this qualification will definitely qualify you to work as a Business Analyst in Singapore, while in Thailand there would be additional qualifications that would have to be met. The immigration rules of Thailand are much stricter than those of Singapore.
Having the certification can also open doors that would otherwise be closed to you. For example, certain networking opportunities, speaking engagements, and journal publications may require proof of professional status before they’ll allow you into their circle. For many of these, simply being a member of the IIBA may be enough, but some will want to see that certification.
As a CBAP, you’ll probably be able to earn more for your services than Business Analysts with lesser qualifications.
Where Can I Get CBAP Training?
Business Analysis Excellence is Australia’s best value provider of CBAP certification training. We have expert instructors who have extensive field experience as Business Analysts themselves. You’ll have access to the very best study materials available. We’ll provide you with a personal coach you can get in touch with by Skype, phone, or email when you have a question or when you need extra help to understand any part of the course material.
We’re going to do everything in our power to make sure you’re properly prepared for your CBAP exam.
Got More Questions? We Have The Answers.
If you’re ready to get started on your CBAP preparation, we’re here for you. Get in touch and we’ll be happy to provide more information about our courses and to answer your questions.
Business Analysis Excellence provides various online training courses for business analysts including Babok Courses, Short BA Courses, Agile BA Courses, CBAP Courses & IT Business Analyst Courses. Also, there are few IIBA ertifications available around the world including CCBA Certification, BABOK Certification, ECBA Certification, IIBA Certification & Business Analyst Certification to progress their career as a Business Analyst. To find out more, get in touch and ask us anything. We are happy to answer your questions & to provide more information you need about our courses.