Included in the Training Course
- Earn 22 PD hours.
- IIBA® Endorsed Course.
- CBAP® Tutor Support for each student.
- Online and On-demand to suit your schedule.
- Covers all BABOK® v3.0 Chapters.
- Excellent for the ECBA Certificate, CCBA® and CBAP® preparation.
Duration in Lesson hours: 16-22 lesson hours*
*A lesson is approximately 1-2 hours in materials for a student to review and mock exams to be completed.
Audience Level/Participant Profile: Suitable for people who are working in, or moving into, the sphere of business analysis. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the BABOK® v3.0 Guide Chapters with practical application and examples throughout. Comprehensive professional certification preparation course.
BAE Career Stage: This is a STAGE 2 Course. Learn more.
IIBA® PD Hours/CDUs: 22
ASK US A QUESTION
+61 3 8677 0891
What to expect with this online course?
- Get Industry Recognition – This is an IIBA® Endorsed Online Training Course – you earn 22 PD Hours / CDUs
- Know everything about Business Analysis! – The course covers the content of the BABOK® Guide v3.0 – All Knowledge Areas, Techniques and Perspectives
- Boost your career and become a professional – Preparation for Professional Business Analysis Certifications
- Have fun while you learn – 70 Short animated videos to make learning fun & easy! Download student notes, case studies and your own copy of the BABOK® Guide v3.0
- Be a Business Analyst Genius – Interactive quizzes to test your understanding!
- Be very effective at work – Practical examples and case studies to bring BABOK® Guide v3.0 to life!
- Learn when it suits you! – Do lessons anytime, anywhere and on any device!
- Get help when you need it – You have direct access to an online tutor assigned to you personally with each course.
- Refresh your memory! – You can start the course at any time and you have 12 months to complete it, come back to it and review and refresh your knowledge.
Detailed Course Outline
Introduction to Business Analysis
- What is Business Analysis?
- Who is the Business Analyst?
- Business Analysis Terms
- The Requirements Classification Schema
- Requirements vs. Design
- Who are the stakeholders?
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- How to plan the Business Analysis Approach?
- How to plan Stakeholder Engagement?
- How to plan Business Analysis Governance?
- How to manage Business Analysis Information?
- Business Analysis Performance Improvements
Elicitation and Collaboration
- Prepare for Elicitation
- Conduct Elicitation
- Confirm Elicitation Results
- Communicate Business Analysis Information
- Manage Stakeholder Collaboration
Requirements Life Cycle Management
- What is Trace Requirements?
- How to Maintain Requirements?
- What is Prioritize Requirements?
- Assess Requirements Changes
- How to get Requirements Approved?
- How to analyze the Current State?
- Defining the Future State
- How to assess risks?
- Defining the Change Strategy
Requirements Analysis & Design Definition
- Specifying Requirements
- How to verify your requirements?
- What is validating requirements?
- Defining the requirements architecture
- How to define solution options
- Analyze the potential value and recommend a solution
Important Business Analysis Techniques
- Overview of each of the 50 Techniques
- How to manage solution performance?
- How to analyze performance measures?
- Assess the solution limitations
- Assess the enterprise limitations
- How to recommend actions to increase solution value?
Underlying Competencies of the Business Analyst
- What are Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving?
- What behavioural characteristics should a BA have?
- What is business knowledge in the BA context?
- What communication and interaction skills should a BA have?
- What are the tools and technology used in Business Analysis?
Different Business Analysis Perspectives
- What is the Agile Perspective?
- What is the Business Intelligence Perspective?
- What is the Information Technology Perspective?
- What is the Business Architecture Perspective
- What is the Business Process Management Perspective?