Certified Competent Business Analyst – CCBA ®
GET CERTIFIED – Join our Online Advanced Training Program – Book Online Today!
- Your own dedicated CBAP ® tutor for support.
- Earn 56 PD hours.
- Fully IIBA® Endorsed Training.
- We review your IIBA® Application.
- Online Training Courses to help you prepare.
- Preparation Mock Exam Questions
- Study Guide & BABOK® included.
- Unlimited email support throughout!
- Study when and from where ever you want to in the world.
So what does it really mean for my career to get a CCBA certification?
The CCBA ® certification is intended for mid level business analysts who would like to formalise their experience with an international professional Business Analysis certification. In the context of your career, this certification is also a great step towards developing your professional Business Analysis career.
- It is great certification to have to if you don’t have any formal Business Analysis qualifications but you do have some solid business analysis experience.
- It is also a great certification to have if you want to get involved in building Business Analysis Practices where you help develop the competency framework for the BA Practice you work in.
- The BA profession is growing and without a shadow of a doubt, so is the maturity around corporate people’s understanding of what a Business Analyst can deliver to the organisation. In a job search scenario, the Business Analyst with the formal industry based certification, such as this, will certainly have a competitive advantage.
- The CCBA ® designation will open new doors and provide opportunities in helping junior business analysts from a mentoring perspective if that is the direction you want to steer your career.
So what does it take to get this certification?
To get the CCBA ® certification, you will need to pass an exam (3-Hour, 130 multiple choice questions) after you have been accepted to sit the exam. You need to complete an online application process in which you are required to document proof of the requirements listed below:
- Minimum 3750 hours of business analysis work experience aligned with the BABOK® Guide in the last seven years
- Minimum 900 hours in two of the six knowledge areas or 500 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
Three Quick Tips for how to prepare for the CCBA ® Exam
It is very important that you learn the whole BABOK® well. You need to know the theory contained in that massive document and it can be daunting. Try these things to get that done more seamlessly:
- Do a IIBA Endorsed Course to gain PD Hours and learn BABOK® in a classroom environment.
- Do an online study program to step you through the BABOK® systematically.
- Start with reviewing what exam questions are like, and use this as a reference frame when studying the BABOK® content itself.
- Consider a career coach to guide your progress to achieving your certification goals.
Top Exam Tip!
A key thing to remember with the CCBA ® exam question types are they are predominantly based on recalling the BABOK® theory with some practical scenario questions too. When you study for this exam make sure you are able to apply each concept in a practical situation, this cements the theory really well.