- Your own dedicated CBAP ® tutor for support.
- Earn 62 PD hours.
- Fully IIBA® Endorsed Training.
- We review your IIBA® Application.
- Online Training Courses to help you prepare.
- Preparation Mock Exam Questions
- Study Guide & BABOK® included.
- Unlimited email support throughout!
- Study when and from where ever you want to in the world.
So what does it really mean for my career to get a CCBA certification?
The CCBA ® certification is intended for mid level business analysts who would like to formalise their experience with an international professional Business Analysis certification. In the context of your career, this certification is also a great step towards developing your professional Business Analysis career.
- It is great certification to have to if you don’t have any formal Business Analysis qualifications but you do have some solid business analysis experience.
- It is also a great certification to have if you want to get involved in building Business Analysis Practices where you help develop the competency framework for the BA Practice you work in.
- The BA profession is growing and without a shadow of a doubt, so is the maturity around corporate people’s understanding of what a Business Analyst can deliver to the organisation. In a job search scenario, the Business Analyst with the formal industry based certification, such as this, will certainly have a competitive advantage.
- The CCBA ® designation will open new doors and provide opportunities in helping junior business analysts from a mentoring perspective if that is the direction you want to steer your career.
So what does it take to get this certification?
To get the CCBA ® certification, you will need to pass an exam (3-Hour, 130 multiple choice questions) after you have been accepted to sit the exam. You need to complete an online application process in which you are required to document proof of the requirements listed below:
- Minimum 3750 hours of business analysis work experience aligned with the BABOK® Guide in the last seven years
- Minimum 900 hours in two of the six knowledge areas or 500 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
Three Quick Tips for how to prepare for the CCBA ® Exam
It is very important that you learn the whole BABOK® well. You need to know the theory contained in that massive document and it can be daunting. Try these things to get that done more seamlessly:
- Do a IIBA Endorsed Course to gain PD Hours and learn BABOK® in a classroom environment.
- Do an online study program to step you through the BABOK® systematically.
- Start with reviewing what exam questions are like, and use this as a reference frame when studying the BABOK® content itself.
- Consider a career coach to guide your progress to achieving your certification goals.
Top Exam Tip!
A key thing to remember with the CCBA ® exam question types are they are predominantly based on recalling the BABOK® theory with some practical scenario questions too. When you study for this exam make sure you are able to apply each concept in a practical situation, this cements the theory really well.
CCBA Certification Australia
Business Analysis Excellence Pty Ltd is a company that lives up to its name. We’re dedicated to providing the best training in Business Analysis at the most affordable price. Compute that for a moment and you’ll notice it means that studying with us will give you the best value. There are plenty of reasons to choose us as your training provider, but we’ll deal with those a little later on. For now, let’s talk a bit more about what you can expect from our CCBA courses.
The Difference Between CCBA and CBAP
CCBA is a certification you’ll normally earn before attempting the CBAP course and exam, which has much greater requirements.
You’ll need to already be working in a Business Analyst role before you take the CCBA exam, because you need to demonstrate that you have a minimum of 3750 work hours in a BA role within the past seven years, including at least 900 hours in each of 2 of the 6 knowledge areas of BABOK (for a total of 1800 hours), or 500 hours in each of 4 of the 6 knowledge areas (for a total of 2000 hours).
The requirements for being accepted to sit the CBAP exam are even higher, though fortunately you’re able to count hours used to qualify for the CCBA exam in your application for the CBAP exam.
The emphasis in CCBA testing is entirely different to the emphasis in CBAP testing. The CCBA exam seeks to discover the depth of your knowledge about BABOK methods. The CBAP exam goes a step further and focuses more on your ability to apply that knowledge to business scenarios.
Benefits of Getting Your CCBA Certification
When you have this certification it demonstrates you have a high level of knowledge in the field of business analysis that has been evaluated by an international organization dedicated to upholding the highest standards for professional Business Analysts.
Your IIBA CCBA certification is recognized worldwide, and helps you stand out from the crowd. With this certification, you’re not “just a Business Analyst” any more. You’re a member of a very select group, and you have the certificate to prove it.
Benefits of Studying With Business Analysis Excellence
The most concise answer to why you should choose to study with us is that we’ll give you the best value. The more detailed answer involves a lengthy discussion about how our instructors are all experts in business analysis with extensive field experience, the flexibility of our online course content delivery service, the extra features we include that are unique to us, and the fact that we’re IIBA Endorsed Education Providers.
Instead, we’ll spare you the agony of reading through that entire discussion, because we’re sure you’ve got better things to do with your time. If you want to know more, however, simply reach out to us. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about our training courses, and we have plenty of additional information we can provide you with, so get in touch today and take your first step toward gaining your CCBA certification.
Business Analysis Excellence provides various online training courses for business analysts including Babok Courses, CBAP Courses & IT Business Analyst Courses. Also, there are few IIBA ertifications available around the world including CBAP Certification, BABOK Certification, ECBA Certification, IIBA Certification & Business Analyst Certification to progress their career as a Business Analyst. To find out more, get in touch and ask us anything. We are happy to answer your questions & to provide more information you need about our courses.