Certified Business Analysis Professional – CBAP ®
GET CERTIFIED – Join our Online Advanced Training Program – Book Online Today!
– Your own dedicated CBAP ® tutor for support.
– Earn 56 PD hours.
– Fully IIBA® Endorsed Training.
– We review your IIBA® Application.
- Online Training Courses to help you prepare.
– Preparation Mock Exam Questions
- Study Guide & BABOK® included.
- Unlimited email support throughout!
– Study when and from where ever you want to in the world.
So what does it really mean for my career?
The CBAP ® certification is really intended for career business analysts. In the context of a business analysis career, this certification is as high as you can go in terms of Professional Certification based qualifications.
- It is a great certification to aspire to if you don’t have any formal Business Analysis qualifications but you do have a lot of practical business analysis experience.
- It is also a great certification to have if you want to get involved in building Business Analysis Practices where you help develop the competency framework for the BA Practice you work in.
- The CBAP ® designation has given me a lot of great opportunities in helping other business analysts from a mentoring perspective, something I personally find highly rewarding.
- The BA profession is growing and without a shadow of a doubt, so is the maturity around corporate people’s understanding of what a Business Analyst can deliver to the organisation. In a job search scenario, the Business Analyst with the formal industry based certification, especially this certification, is the one with a strong competitive advantage.
- This qualification is great from a simply practical business analysis perspective, but if you wanted to become a Business Analyst trainer, this will pave the way to that career change quite easily.
So what does it take to get this certification?
To get the the CBAP ® certification, you will need to pass an exam (3.5 hours, 120 multiple choice questions) after you have been accepted to sit the exam. You need to complete an online application process in which you are required to do document proof of the requirements listed below:
- Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK Guide) in the last 10 years
- Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 35 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
Three quick ideas on how to prepare for the CBAP ® exam
It is very important that you learn the whole BABOK well. You need to know the theory contained in that massive document and it can be daunting. Try these things to get that done more seamlessly:
- Do an IIBA Endorsed Training Program to gain the required 35 PD Hours.
- Do an online study program to step you through the BABOK systematically.
- Start with reviewing what exam questions are like, and use this as a reference frame when studying the BABOK content itself.
- Consider a career coach to guide your progress to achieving your certification goals.
Top Exam Tip!
A key thing to remember with the CBAP exam question types is that they are predominantly based on applying the theory in a practical scenario. When you study for this exam make sure you are able to apply each concept in a practical situation.