ECBA®, CCBA®, CBAP® & CPRE® Foundation Level
Business Analysis Certification is becoming a very important part of any Business Analyst’s career these days. Many Business Analysts around the world are actively pursuing professional certifications in Business Analysis to progress their careers. They are also realising that this is becoming a mandatory qualification level to remain competitive within their roles.
Which Business Analysis Certification should you pursue?
Although there are a few certifications available in different countries around the world the IIBA® ECBA, CCBA®, CBAP® and the IREB CPRE Foundation Level Business Analysis Certifications are the most widely known and is gaining more and more recognition worldwide. Countries where these are already the most popular include: Australia, US, UK, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and many others not mentioned here.
- New ECBA Certification – This certification is the brand new entry-level certificate that is now accessible to people with no practical Business Analysis work experience. Formally the ECBA™ is known as the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis. Learn more about the brand new entry level IIBA ® Certificate.
- CCBA ® – The Business Analysis Certification – CCBA® is best suited for Business Analysts with approximately 2.5 years of pure Business Analysis experience.
- CBAP ® – The CBAP® Business Analysis Certification is best suited for more experienced Business Analysts where they have at least 5 years of pure Business Analysis experience.
With all the Business Analysis Certification options you must have at least 21 (ECBA, CCBA ®) and 35 (CBAP ®) Professional Development hours, proof of the experience (CCBA ®& CBAP ®) and some references to support your application before the IIBA ® will accept your application to sit for the exam. Business Analysis Certification Our Online Advanced Training Program is tailored made to support Business Analysts in their preparation for the Business Analysis Certification of their choice – the ECBA, CCBA ® or CBAP ®.
Getting your IIBA certification is the best way to establish yourself as an authority in the field of Business Analysis. IIBA certifications are the most respected international credentials for Business Analysts to possess and help you stand out from the crowd.
At the time of writing, IIBA qualifications are rare. Worldwide, there are still less than 15,000 individuals possessing these qualifications, and of those who do, approximately 35% reside in the United States. Here in Australia, you’ll definitely have something distinctive to add to your CV, and because these are internationally respected qualifications, you’ll be able to apply your knowledge in any business or organizational scenario anywhere in the world where you legally are permitted to work.
Earn Your IIBA Certification in Australia Online
You can earn your certification entirely online by studying with Business Analysis Excellence. We are an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider. The IIBA has evaluated our training programs and deemed us worthy of their endorsement due to the quality of what we provide.
That may not sound very exciting, but our courses certainly are. You will find the lessons and exercises fully immersive and engaging. You’ll learn and retain valuable information easily by following our program.
Every student who studies a course with us has a full 12 months of access to our entire library of online learning resources, and they will also have access to a personal business analysis coach who they can interact with via Skype, telephone, or email.
And the best reason to study with us? From the date of our inception to the time of writing, our students have a 0% failure rate. Every student who has attended an IIBA certification exam after studying with us has achieved their certification.
Why Online Study Is The Best Way To Prepare For Your IIBA Certification
Online study is not ideal for everyone, but it is ideal for most people. It’s especially good for those who are already working in a business role and simply can’t afford to take the time off for classroom based studies, and it’s also a preferred option for many students with disabilities.
Additional advantages of online study include being in control of when and where you participate in your course, being able to review course content at your leisure, not being tied down to any particular location, and being easily able to access multiple types of content through multiple types of devices.
The IIBA Certification Structure
IIBA certifications are divided into three levels. The lowest level is the ECBA (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis), and there is also an ECBA+ option available at this level. The ECBA is the easiest qualification to obtain because you don’t need any actual field experience as a working Business Analyst and you simply need to complete 21 Professional Development hours.
The next step up from ECBA is the CCBA level (Certificate of Capability in Business Analysis). This requires you to have:
- completed a minimum of 3750 hours of professional experience working in a Business Analyst role within the past seven years
- a minimum of 1800 hours in two of the six BABOK knowledge areas (900 hours each) or 2000 hours in four of the six knowledge areas (500 hours each)
- completed 21 PD hours within the past 4 years
- references as to your fitness and competency as a Business Analyst
- agreed to adhere to the Code of Conduct; and
- passed the CCBA exam
The third and final level is the CBAP qualification (Certified Business Analysis Professional), which has the toughest requirements of all. You will need to have:
- at least five years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- at least 7500 hours of experience completed within the past 10 years
- at least 900 hours each in four of the six BABOK knowledge areas (3600 hours total)
- at least 35 PD hours completed within the past four years
- two references
- agreed to adhere to the Code of Conduct; and
- passed the CBAP exam
There are also specialist qualifications available that aren’t part of the mainstream framework, but are still valuable IIBA credentials to possess. These are:
- IIBA-CBDA (IIBA Certification in Business Data Analytics) – a certified professional in the field of data analysis. Unlike the other certifications, there are no proscribed hours of experience or other requirements. This is primarily a qualification for those working in the IT sector and for those working in marketing, particularly online marketing.
- IIBA-AAC (IIBC Agile Analysis Certification) – a specialist Business Analyst working as an expert in Agile methodology. This qualification is mainly aimed at people working in the IT sector, and for those working in Project Management and related occupations.
Contact us for more information about earning your IIBA certifications in Australia.
Business Analysis Excellence provides various online training courses for business analysts including Babok Courses, Short BA Courses, CBAP Courses & IT Business Analyst Courses. Also, there are few IIBA ertifications available around the world including CCBA Certification, CBAP Certification, BABOK Certification, ECBA Certification & Business Analyst Certification to progress their career as a Business Analyst. To find out more, get in touch and ask us anything. We are happy to answer your questions & to provide more information you need about our courses.
- Each student gets a CBAP ® level qualified tutor to support them with their IIBA® application, their online training courses (to earn the required PD hours & more) and any questions they may have about the training or certification itself.
- This program also includes comprehensive exam preparation questions, study guide and so much more. Read more about this Advanced Training Program and join students from around the world who is studying with us to achieve their ECBA, CCBA ® or CBAP ® certifications right now.