- Earn 16 PD hours.
- IIBA® Endorsed Course.
- CBAP® Tutor Support for each student.
- Online and On-demand to suit your schedule.
- Strategy Analysis focussed course.
- Excellent for CCBA® and CBAP®preparation.
Name of Course: BUSINESS ANALYSIS MASTER PRACTITIONER
Recommended pre-requisites: Business Analysis Practitioner
Method of Delivery: Online (6 Self Paced Lessons)
Audience Level/Participant Profile: This course is best suited for Business Analysts with 2 years or more experience within business, Business Analysis or a Project/Reporting Analyst capacity. This course suits Business Analysts aspiring to achieve their Business Analysis professional certifications (CCBA® or CBAP®).
BAE Career Stage: This is a STAGE 2 Course. Learn more.
IIBA® PD Hours/CDUs: 16
ASK US A QUESTION
+61 3 8677 0891
- At the end of this course the student will have solid foundation knowledge of all the most important Enterprise Analysis concepts.
- The student will be able to practically apply knowledge gained about identifying and defining the business need. These include capability to identify and define organisational goals (SMART goals), identifying and analysing the business opportunity in context of business impacts, benefits, timeframe constraints and underlying drivers for change.
- The student will know how to determine business needs, identify and analyse current business capability to serve the need and determine capability gaps to include in defining the solution approach. Key business assumptions and constraints are defined.
- The student will have a good foundation knowledge in Business Case development including cost/benefit analysis, key financial indicators and the practical technique of Investment Logic Maps to illustrate benefits, drivers, needs and objectives.
Detailed Course Outline
Theme: Strategic Analysis in Context
- Business Knowledge
- Business Organization Types
- Organization’s Internal Environment Analysis
- Define Business Goals and Objectives
Information & Information System Strategy
- Value of Information
- Information System Types
- Information System Requirements
- The role of Information Technology
- Information System Strategy Development
- Analyze the Current State
- Analyze the Future State
- Root Cause Analysis
- Costs & Benefits
- Payback Calculation
- Discounted Cashflow
- Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return
Theme: Presenting the Business Case
Presenting the Business Case
- Building the business case
- Content of a business case
- Ensuring the business benefit
- Investment logic maps
- Cost benefit analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Solution Approach
- Decision Analysis and Decision Modeling