Included in the Training Course
- Earn 16 PD hours.
- IIBA® Endorsed Course.
- CBAP® Tutor Support for each student.
- Online and On-demand to suit your schedule.
- Requirements Elicitation & Analysis course.
- Excellent for CCBA® and CBAP®preparation.
Audience Level/Participant Profile: This course is for people who are working in, or moving into, the sphere of business analysis and who require a set of proven tools and techniques to enable them to undertake practical business analysis assignments in their roles.
BAE Career Stage: This is a STAGE 1 Course. Learn more.
IIBA® PD Hours/CDUs: 16
ASK US A QUESTION
+61 3 8677 0891
- At the end of this course the student will have solid foundation knowledge of all the most important Requirements Management, Elicitation and Analysis concepts as outlined in the course outline below.
- The student will have a holistic and foundation understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and which requirements activities are executed within each phase of the cycle. This will be in context of Traditional and Agile based projects.
- The student will be able to practically apply each requirements elicitation technique, know how to prepare a requirements management plan and apply all requirements analysis tools immediately in the workplace.
- The student will be able to practically apply interviewing, workshops and observation based techniques within the workplace.
- The student learned to apply new soft skills (linguistic and behavioural) to use during workshop facilitation and requirements elicitation interview meetings.
Detailed Course Outline
Theme: Requirements in the Workplace
The Requirements Process in Projects
- The Software Development Life Cycle
- Software development and acquisition approaches
- Requirements role within traditional and Agile projects
- Types of requirements
- Attributes of requirements
- Requirements writing
- Scope, high level and detailed requirements
- Requirements packages
Requirements Elicitation in Action
- Workshop facilitation
- Practical Interviewing skills
- Observation, prototyping
- Requirements and Agile
Theme: Becoming the requirements expert
Requirements Management & Communication Aspects
- Manage scope and requirements
- Plan the requirements management process
- Requirements change management
- Requirements activity planning
- Manage requirements traceability for the project
- Prioritise requirements with your stakeholders
- Requirements specification (Stories, specification documents)
- Assumptions & constraints around requirements
- Verification and validation techniques